Monday, October 19, 2015

'Ted Cruz accidentally shows ugliness of 'religious liberty' argument' & other Mon. midday news briefs

Sen. Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz Plans ‘Religious Liberty’ Rally At College That Claimed Bible Backing For Racist Policies - LOVE that "religious liberty" card.

Twitter Attacks Mets Star Infielder Daniel Murphy Over Anti-Gay Comments - Whine about lgbts not showing "tolerance" for anti-gay opinions till the cows come home if you want. People generally object to the dignity of their lives reduced to a talking point about a "lifestyle." 

Right-Wing Pastor Tells Christians To Boycott Same-Sex Weddings. These Christians Disagree. - Another example of right-wing evangelicals attempting to bogart the discussion of marriage equality.

 On Being Black and Gay - WONDERFUL post. 

  'Simpsons' Executive Producer Opens Up About The Show's Legendary Gay Episode - What the hell. It's a slow news day.

1 comment:

Erica Cook said...

All I can say is that I hope I never make any of my friends feel as though they have to choose between their sexuality, race, or friendship. I hope that if I were ever with a woman of any race she didn't feel like I considered it some sort of titillating fetish thing. I value the heritage of those people in my life. I value what I learn from them as I learn from those people in my family from different religions. BTW, I don't think any of the stereotypes of the black man would ever come to mind if I had to describe you.