Monday, May 12, 2014

'Haterade' can't stop Michael Sam

It's what everyone has been talking about all weekend. Michael Sam became the first openly gay player to be drafted by an NFL team when he was picked by the St. Louis Rams. The following video of him receiving the news must have been seen countless times:



Thus far, the major anti-gay groups and personalities have been showing a surprisingly degree of good taste by not saying a word about Sam's success. Notice I said "thus far."

However, leave it to the rabid wolves, orcs, and bloodsuckers at the extreme right webpage Free Republic to fill in the blanks:

Michael Sam is a Ram(rod). Some jokes write themselves.

 The hive media brainwashing Americans to accept this as the new normal.

 The next NFL season is going to become a perpetual fag commercial as anal sex is celebrated like the resurrection of Jackie Robinson. The media is totally in our face and I’m sorry but I don’t love football that much. Not my religion.

Yep, nothing more than promoting an agenda and ramming it down peoples throats (no pun intended). This was deliberate in your face attempt to mainstream deviant behavior.

 Coming soon to FR and every other blog.If you openly criticize or express disgust with that disgusting scene, the new thought crime police will be sent to your house via your ip address and FR won't have a thing to do with it. All blogs are viewed and combed by the politically correct police for certain trigger words, and soon {if not right now} fag and queer will be high alert words. Gay rights trump Christian rights, period. "If you like your religion, you can keep your religion", said obama. 

I think y'all get the picture. There is no need to get upset or wring your hands.There are times when you must combat hate to keep it from spreading. And then there are other times in which you don't have to do anything but watch it spread only over the people doling it out. And feel simple pity for them being in that state.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Now the hubby and I have to become St. Louis fans!

Erica Cook said...

I honestly don't give one fig about football. I have my own reasons for hating the sport with a more than unreasonable passion. However, I am glad that he was picked because this is something he loves. My experience with this sport isn't as positive as his was, but what matters is he has done something that even a couple of years ago would likely have never been possible. What I find striking is something that happened in my home yesterday. I'm ashamed to admit that the only thing my mom knew about him was that he was "that gay black footballer." Now, I hope you know me well enough to know I consider such a way of talking about someone to be in bad taste. Unfortunately my mom is a woman from lower Indiana which may as well be an extensions of Kentucky for all there racial acceptance.

What struck me was she was angry about how he was accepted. In her opinion with his ranking it shouldn't have taken the so long. I don't know about his ranking. When he was named best deffence I thought they were talking about his standing up for his civil rights. Like I said, I know nothing of the sport other than the fact that they have a habbet of beating the crap out of each other. But for what it's worth, the standing view of a woman who really is better than she sounds. (I hold out hope that one day she will figure out that she is looking down are were some of the first to defend us even when she didn't know I needed this defense.) But in this case her response was a person like her daughter got a rougher deal than he should have.