Monday, May 09, 2011

Defeating the National Organization for Marriage is easier than most think



The Chinese general Sun Tzu once said:

All warfare is based on deception.

That fits this video to a tee. I'm posting it because minus the ominous music, it's the National Organization for Marriage's whole argument for opposing marriage equality. It's the argument the organization has used across the country and now in New York.

Why am I posting it? Because Sun Tzu also said:

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.

Winning wars comes down to one point - studying those who set themselves up as your enemy so that you know their arguments and tactics.

And whether we realize it or not, the right to achieve marriage equality is a war.

Coming soon - How to refute NOM's talking points on "marriage."

Preview:

NOM - "Gays and Lesbians have a right to live as they choose, they don’t have the right to redefine marriage for all of us."

Answer - That statement is a diversion. Allowing gays and lesbians to marry does not "redefine marriage" because they are not forcing heterosexuals to engage in gay marriage.


Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Lincoln said...

That is beyond disgusting.

Is "homosexist" a new word?

Anonymous said...

Ok I am a heterosexual woman and mother of 3 and the first thing I have to say is that I am sickened by this. Although I did have to giggle that most of the "Happy Family" images are getty images - staged by actors.

Do these idiots really think that a marriage between a man and woman has anything to do with guarantee that both a man and a woman will raise those children in a loving happy stable home? My husband decided the bottom of a bottle was more important that paying child support when his children needed a Dad and I raised them myself with the help of my friends who kept me sane. Some of those friends were gay some were straight... my children were loved in spite of a "Man and Woman" marriage that was an abject failure.

Civil Rights?
Civil:
of, pertaining to, or consisting of citizens

Rights:
in accordance with what is good, proper, or just

Yes this is about Civil Rights.

I congratulate every surrogate mother who sees the love that will be bestowed upon the child she brings to a loving couple.