Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Teabagger fails miserably in refuting racism charge

In all honesty, I don't believe that the entire tea party movement is racist. I believe it's a naive movement which allowed itself to be co-opted by the wealthy powers that be, but that's another argument entirely.

What I do believe, however, is that the tea party movement houses vindictively racist elements who can't get over the fact that an African-American is president or that the United States is becoming more multicultural. I also believe that those who have sense in the tea party movement know this but are afraid to admit so for fear that it would reduce the credibility of their entire movement.

However, this video speaks for itself. This is an authentic teabagger, Grady Warren, griping about how unfair it is to brand the tea party movement as racist. However, I don't think his argument will fly when you listen to what he has to say. If you can listen to the entire piece, then you deserve an award.



As much as I hate to remind folks, this video was done before the 2010 midterms, where thanks in part to folks like Warren, the Republican Party took over the House of Representatives and several state governorships. So any thing that's happening now, i.e. the problems with unions in Wisconsin, the Republican Party trying to make Medicare into a voucher system, insane anti-abortion legislation, is solely on the shoulders of folks like Warren.

See what happens when reasonable people don't vote like they should.


Big hat tip to a Facebook friend of mine of who pointed out this video.






Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude... what happened to my country?!?

ol&p said...

Any one who uses the word "nigra" is a racist, no if's and's or but's.

Richard Roppa said...

I got through the whole thing only because I had to see how much further down the road he went from Nigra. OMG! What happened to the concept of self awareness. #NotRacistFail

Morgan said...

I've seen that jerks video making the rounds as the 'face of bigotry' and he's earned it. I cannot imagine for a moment that he has ever sincerely examined his conscience and been honest about his beliefs and biases.

I pray every day for an end to bigotry of all kinds. I don't get how that man can claim that he isn't a racist with a straight face. Him and his fellow teabaggers, seems to me, are just itching for another civil war.