Thursday, July 08, 2010

Tyler Perry: I am not suing The Boondocks



Director Tyler Perry has reportedly spoken out about the episode of the animated series The Boondocks that skewered him, his movies, and plays by portraying him as a cross-dressing in-the-closet gay man who exploits Christianity to get laid:

"Just like the Spike Lee situation, I feel that 'no response' is the best response. I'm just gonna leave it at that... But I will tell you this ... there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that I'm suing The Boondocks. Those are all lies. I'm not suing anybody over that. And I haven't fired anyone because of that show, either. I don't know where all that came from."

I felt it was a classy retort by Perry. Unfortunately I also feel that he seems to subscribe to the Donnie McClurkin school of misdirection because he did not address the claim that he threatened to sever his relationship with Turner Broadcasting.

Turner Broadcasting owns TBS, which airs Perry's shows House of Payne and Meet the Browns. The company also owns the Cartoon Network, which airs The Boondocks.

Related post:

Tyler Perry is ANGRY with Boondocks episode



Hat tip to Rod 2.0 Beta.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: