Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wednesday afternoon news briefs

Ugh is all I can say about today.

Those who keep up with this blog know that it is a part time gig which I do not get paid for. I post three times a day - when I get up in the morning, on my lunch break, and when I get home.

So imagine my surprise when I discovered that the library, the place where I do my noon postings, was closed.

Subsequently, my search for another library downtime led me to go on one of those legendary mythical journeys that's doomed for failure from the start (i.e. Orpheus and Gilgamesh).

But whereas Orpheus and Gilgamesh went to the underworld, I had to slog through the hot downtown area and lawns of dog crap (people really need to clean up after their pets) where my journey had an unsurprising unsuccessful end.

So here I am a post behind and I just know something good would happen today that I probably missed out on (like pictures of Peter LaBarbera in drag).

But bear with me while I try to catch up and thank you for your support thus far. Please continue to support this blog ;p.

Maine governor signs bill allowing same-sex 'marriage' - We get marriage in Maine and the One News Now commentators are pissed. Suddenly this day is looking up.

House passes same-sex marriage, 178-167; bill now moves to governor's desk - Hot damn! We almost get marriage in New Hampshire too. The governor needs to sign this bill.

If It Smells Like Coffee & Tea Here, It's Time To Cool Baser Instincts & Practice Counting To Ten - A good conversation on Pam's House Blend regarding us as community. When we attack others and ourselves with nasty language, we become exactly what the religious right says we are.

M*A*S*H star comes out - Welcome to the family, David Ogden Stiers. However that gay ray I hit you with was set for Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

James Dobson's Hate Crimes Freak-Out - What's the deal with James Dobson? It's one thing to lie but it's another thing entirely to lie even when folks know you are lying.




Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Brian Watson said...

Honey, we all have those days. Breathe out. It's all good. We're still reading every ounce of goodness from you. =)

BlackTsunami said...

Don't make me blush, Brian.

Too late ;p. Thank you for the kind words.

Unknown said...

That was a good thread @ Pam's, I still have to finish reading the comments.

Too often I let my emotions get the best of me, when if I just take a step back and think for a moment, I'm ALWAYS able to come up with a more creative (and usually more effective) way of expressing what I want to say.

Unknown said...

This week David Ogden Steirs and last week Kelly McGillis. MASH was a great TV series. I had no idea about Steirs. I remember Jamie Farr playing the part of Klinger and everyone saying that he has not gay.

Unknown said...

I guess that you have heard about Marion Barry's comment about opposing the recognition of gay marriages in DC? Ugh.

No need to post this...

BlackTsunami said...

Yeah. I already did a blog post on that weirdo.