Monday, February 02, 2009

Monday after the Superbowl - news briefs for now

The Superbowl is over and my Steelers are champs again.

Yaaaay!

Of course I'm depressed that it seems everyone involved in the victory is younger than me (Coach Tomlin included.)

I'll just console myself with the fact that I'm prettier.

Seriously though, since things are moving slow, I thought I would throw out a few news briefs you may or not have heard about:

SC House leader scolds tourism agency head - As a board member of the South Carolina Pride Movement, I was in the middle of that controversy in which our state officials demonstrated just how scared they get at the mention of the word "gay." Now the controversy pops up again briefly in state budget talks. Rather than repeat known information about just how stupid the situation was, I would rather give huge props to Representative Gilda Cobb-Hunter for saying what should have been said by a state official when the madness took place.

Mormon church lists more Proposition 8 expenses - The religious right has tried to spin the tale of the Mormon church a victims of "radical homosexuals" due its spearheading of the pro-Proposition 8 vote. While I do not agree with some of the tactics that some of my fellow lgbts have engaged in, let's not forget the big picture. The Mormon church acted irresponsibly, unethically, and possibly illegal in their attack against marriage equality in California. The Mormon church is NOT the victim here.

Obama nominates homosexual activist for high federal post - brought to you by One News Now where every lgbt in a public position is a "homosexual activist."

Mayor won't vote for same sex marriage resolution - I just had to add this. Huge kudos to this mayor . . . for now.

No comments: